- 100g / 3.5oz reduced-fat spread
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup gluten free baking mix
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup trim milk
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
The first time i tried these Gluten Free Berry Muffins i was expecting the usual dry, crumbling mess. These muffins are a different story and will not disappoint!
- Preheat oven to 180˚C or 360˚F. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with 12 paper cases.
- In a bowl beat spread and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Stir in milk and carefully fold in frozen berries. Do not over-mix.
- Spoon into paper cases to three quarters full. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until light and springy to touch. Cool on a wire rack. Muffins may sink a little once cooled. Store for up to 2 days. Serve sprinkled with a little icing sugar and garnish if preferred.
Enjoy these fantastic muffins and please let us know what you think by leaving a comment below!