- canola oil spray, for greasing
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat spread
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 cup gluten free baking mix
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or craisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup apple purée
- 2 tablespoons treacle
Yummy yum yum! These Gluten Free Celebration Cakes are an absolute treat! This recipe will bake you 10 delicious small cakes in 45 minutes.
- Lightly grease muffin tray holes with oil. If the pan is non-stuck, line bases with greaseproof paper. Prehet oven to 180˚C or 360˚F.
- Place spread and sugar in a large bowl and cream together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Stir spice in baking mix then fold into egg mixture with apricots, cherries and dates.
- Add apple purée with treacle. Spoon into prepared tray. Bake for 25 minutes until firm to touch and golden colored. Ice with lemon cream cheese icing.
Enjoy this fantastic recipe and make sure these Celebration cakes are for occasions only Please remember to let us know what you think by leaving a comment below!